Dear Parents / Carers 16 March 2020
Although we have no suspected cases of coronavirus in school, we continue to follow guidance from Public Health England and The Department for Education.
- All children have been shown how to wash their hands properly with soap and warm water and we have discussed with them the importance of good hygiene in terms of infection control.
- We are doing our best to minimise unnecessary adult interaction within school. This means that we will be cancelling extra activities that involve lots of additional adults in school.
- Toddler gym will be cancelled.
- Parent’s evening this week will be cancelled, we do not have the facilities for all parents to wash their hands on entry to school and the corridors can become congested while adults are looking at children’s books and waiting to see the teachers.
- Volunteers in school will be asked to wash their hands on entry to the building.
- The Ocarina production for Year 2 parents scheduled for next Monday morning is cancelled. The children will perform for the rest of school and we will record the performance so that parents can watch it at a later date.
- Movie night scheduled to take place on Thursday 26th March will be postponed. We will rearrange a date for the future when it is safer to hold such events.
- We are looking at populating the class pages on our website with links to suggestions of work/ activities for children in the event that school closes. The advice from the DfE (as at today) is very much that schools are to remain open. We will notify parents if this changes.
- If your child has a develops a continuous cough or high temperature, please keep them at home and notify the school office. If your child develops these symptoms at school, they will be sent home.
- The Junior School have cancelled the Year 2 / Year 3 disco that was planned for Friday 20th March.
We are trying our best not to add to the sense of panic that seems to be taking over at the minute and feel that these are sensible adjustments to help minimise the risk of the spread of infection,