This week, in Nursery, we would have been observing and drawing our tadpoles and frogs.
- Draw and colour in life cycle pictures of birds, butterflies, ducks and frogs.
- Encourage the children to name their work (name writing practise) and to write about what they have drawn (encourage mark making and emergent writing skills).
- Share books and stories about animals and life cycles.
Life cycle books and stories to look for:
- The Big Wide Mouthed Frog by Ana Martin Larranga
- Dog on a Frog by Kes and Caire Gray
- Oi Frog by Kes Gray
- Froggy Learns to Swim by Johnathan London
- H Prince by Leo Leonni
Sing Life Cycle nursery rhymes and action songs:
- Frog song (life cycle of a frog – Cocomelon Nursery Rhymes and kids songs)
- Spring is here by the Learning Station
- Hungry Caterpillar by the Learning Station
- Little Tommy Tadpole is a popular rhyme (words below)
Little Tommy tadpole began to weep and wail,
For little Tommy tadpole had lost his little tail,
His mother didn’t know him, as he sat upon a log;
For little Tommy Tadpole was Mr. Thomas frog.
All the listed books and stories and action songs and rhymes can be found online mostly on You Tube Kids.