Our Mathematics this week will be based around having a Teddy Bears Picnic.
Setting the table or setting the picnic blanket is a great way to learn mathematical concepts of counting and one to one correspondence.
- Lay out a picnic blanket.
- Find a place for your family and your teddy bears to sit
- Count how many teddy bears, knives, forks, spoons, cups
- Try problem solving - how many teddy bears alltogether? how many left if we take one away?
- Encourage your child to have a go at writing numbers. Write a shopping list for the picnic e.g. 4 sandwiches, 4 ice creams